Tuesday 27 August 2013

It has been a while

It has been a while since I posted on here, I have been really busy with my daughter (now 3 months old!) and with other things such as my training to become a badminton coach. A lot of people seemed to like the picture of my daughter in her BDS baby grow, you can get those from the shop and there is a link to this on the right. She continues to grow so much each day and I just hope she doesn't have the Dupuytren's genes (should I have it / them).

Things have settled down a little but at work and I have been able to start cracking on with some science thing in my lunch break. 

I have a lot of scientific knowledge in my head and I use that to understand the papers and things that come out on Dupuytren's, it would be nice if others could also understand these papers and I would not have to try and right things in such simple terms, this is a challenge for several reasons. 1) I had spent around 10 years learning science before leaving it last year and 2) I was in it for so long that I never know how much other people know. We are hoping that together and with the help of non-science friends and family we can write a comprehensive scientific report on Dupuytren's that will help many patients understand what it is they have. 

This is something that is going to take quite a while as there is a lot to cover and a lot of testing and then working in the gaps and removing excess information and a lot of things are best said with pictures which we are having to make from scratch. I think that helping patients understand what they have may help them understand why different treatments are used and why others are not recommended. I am also hoping to send the finished article to a contact we have who works in Dupuytren's research, hopefully he can give it the once over to make sure that we are not occidentally lying to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment