Tuesday 27 January 2015

Letter to my MP

 Two month almost since my last blog! In that time NICE has considered all comments we send them (and the BSSH send, and other people as well I hope) and they will make their decision on 9th February. We have approached two MP's, the first one asked a written question and the ministers reply had nothing to do with the question asked, so then I approached my MP about the fact that patients would like a choice of surgery or no surgery, and in Wales and Scotland the collagenase injections have been approved. Yvonne Fovargue MP has passed our concerns on to the Secretary of State for Health and the Shadow Health Team, so we'll see what that achieves.
 
Gary has been on local television and in his local papers promoting awareness of Ledderhose and Dupuytren's and radiotherapy for these conditions.
 
Xiapex has been given European approval for use in Peyronie's, seeing that multiple injections are needed I can't see it being available on the NHS any time soon..
 
The IDS has had their AGM, that means it will be time for ours soon. As the last one was a complete wash-out, I am not looking forward to this years meeting. But I suppose we have to do it. Sometime soon. So please see this as advance warning, anyone who would like to join in (I may try Skype this year, or Google Hangout again) please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment